Top 10 Ways To Help Your Child at School
Top 10 Ways To Help Your Child Do
Well In School
10. Show you care. Your child needs hugs and words of support.
Ask your child about school each day.
9. Read, Read, Read with your child every day and
talk about what you read.
8. Make home a place for learning. Help your child practice
reading, writing, math and science skills.
Stimulate your child's creativity.
7. Promote healthy habits. Make sure your child gets plenty of sleep
and exercise and eats balanced meals.
Schedule regular checkups.
6. Be a role model. Your child learns from you.
Be positive about education and show you enjoy learning.
5. Encourage independence. Allow your child to make mistakes and
learn to accept their consequences.
Give your child responsibilities, such as household chores.
4. Create a study routine. Set a time and quiet place for
your child to work everyday. Go over homework together.
3. Get involved. Meet with your child's teacher,
attend school events and help out at school if you can.
2. Build success. Help raise your child's self-esteem by setting
reachable goals and praising your child's efforts
not just results.
1. Make school important. Insist on good attendance and punctuality.